Monday, January 10, 2011

How to make a pizza



Our next assignment was to create a map of how to make a pizza. Seems easy right? Well the trick is we have to create a map of how to make a pizza, WITHOUT using words. Now it seems a lot harder, doesn’t it? I started by thinking where should my pizza making process begin, should it begin with mixing the flour and the water to make the dough, or should it begin with the pizza base. Seeing as a lot of people start with the pizza base, and not as many people start with the dough, So I decided to start with the pizza base.
My next thought process, was how do I show that this is the beginning? How do I should t hat it is the first step. Well On the left side, I drew steps, and then a dot. I added an additional dot for each additional step. So for step one, I had a drawing of steps and a dot. Another example would be for step 5. I had a drawing of the steps, with it, 5 dots, to show it is the fifth step.
So as I said, my first step was just the pizza base. Showing that the first step is to acquire a pizza base. The next step was to put tomato sauce onto the pizza base. I showed this by coloring the base red, and showing that the red stuff is coming from a container which has drawing of tomato’s on it, to show that it is tomato’s.
The next step was to grate the cheese and place it on the pizza. I showed this by drawing a cheese grater, and on the right side drawing Swiss cheese and then on the left side drawing grated Swiss cheese. This shows that you have to grate the Swiss cheese. From the grated Swiss cheese, I drew an arrow pointing from the grated cheese to the pizza, to showing that you need to put this on top of the pizza.
I personally found the next step to be one of the hardest steps of them all, because you needed to show that it goes into an oven for about 15 minutes. Now, I don’t actually know if 15 minutes is the correct time for pizzas, I just put 15 minutes because I thought it was a good time to put down. The way I showed the pizza being put in the oven for 15 minutes was I drew an old brick oven pizza, like the traditional way that pizza is meant to be made. And then drew one of the cooking timers with the arrow pointing to 15. I didn’t want to draw a watch or a clock, because that would rely on you know the time of when you started, and it would get too confusing.
The final step, I drew the same brick oven, but with the arrow coming out of the brick oven to show that it was coming out of the oven. And then the last drawing was a pizza cut into 6 slices with the proper tool used to cut pizza’s. After I drew this, I thought that I should have made step 5 into 2 steps, instead of clustering it up into 1 step.

1 comment:

  1. Joe, something's missing... where is the image? That's half the points and I can't grade what I can't see. Your post should also conclude with a reflection on what you learned from this.

    ReplyDelete